Edgewater Networks is a great place to work!
We are in an exciting, growing market and our technology is helping to build next generation networks capable of supporting real time IP based voice and video applications. You will join a highly motivated, experienced and results-oriented team developing truly innovative products that solve real problems.
We have a dynamic, entrepreneurial corporate culture that recognizes achievement and encourages creativity and self-initiative. We offer a fun and challenging work environment where you can make a difference everyday. If you would like to contribute to our success please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have open positions in the following areas:
Sr. Systems Engineer (2 positions available)
Central Region (not based in CA) - Req #13SS103
Northeast US - Req #14SL101
West Region - Req #14SL103
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at an unprecedented scale, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination.
Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales team. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Serves as technical and sales point of contact for OEM, VARs and Distributors.
- Responsibilities include pre & post-sales support, training and in-region trade show and marketing support.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc. Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to work with EWN TAC center on customer issues
- Able to configure / troubleshoot on site and provide required feedbacks and follow ups
- Able to travel throughout assigned sales territory
Skills & Experience:
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales, hardware and knowledge of technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Solid knowledge of data and telephony environments (IP and analog/digital) with focus on Next Generation real-time application services.
- Data Networking: WAN termination; IP routing and firewalling / security; TLS; VPN; LAN network designs (VLANs), Layer 2/3 switching; QoS (MPLS/DiffServ/TOS); Overall Network Architecture Design.
- Telephony: Architectures and VoIP protocols (SIP, H.323, MGCP, RTP/RTCP)
- Hands on knowledge of SW tools: MS-Office (inc. Visio), IP packet capture, Linux
- Experience and familiarity of Edgewater Networks products and line of business a plus
- Video conferencing services knowledge is a plus.
- 5+ years relevant experience in vendor sales, system implementation, deployment and support with Service Provider and Enterprise customers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred (BSCS/EE or equivalent)
Back to top
Architect, Cloud Platform (Req #14SW104)
Location: San Jose, CA
Come join an organization where you will work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build a platform only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are seeking an experienced Architect who can design and deliver our next generation Cloud Service platform. You will be expected to research technologies and use the best practices to bring a world-class scalable product to disrupt the market for Managed Service delivery.
The technical challenges are immense, spanning traditional, on-premise engineering domains as well as modern, platform/software-as-a-service product offerings. Equally immense is the technical breadth and depth essential for this position, ranging from the lowest levels of the networking protocol stacks to the highest levels of a RESTful web service. You need to be a software engineering guru, providing guidance and mentorship to other members of the engineering organization. The team's mission is broad, and calls for a tenured, visionary architect with a wide spectrum of experiences and a penchant to master whatever comes their way. This is a highly influential, hands-on position with broad impact across the entire Edgewater business.
- You would work on developing algorithms, building distributed applications, APIs, fault-tolerant computing and use the cloud as a key technology to design and implement a massively scalable Cloud based platform capable of managing millions of devices
- Specify how SW and HW architectures should evolve to address new technical requirements; leverage the availability of new enabling technologies
- Identify key trends in cloud technologies that can enhance or impact the solution architecture to maximize the value of Edgewater's product offering
- Use your previous experience in designing and implementing distributed, scalable computational and data frameworks and bring your deep knowledge of the issues involved (e.g. performance, scalability, availability, concurrency, queuing, etc.), identify bottlenecks (code and/or architectural design), and develop frameworks for measuring performance and monitor resource usage (memory, CPU, disk IO, network IO)
- Define and deliver cloud agnostic IaaS, PaaS layers and the supporting software components for the platform
- Interact at multiple levels including exec management, product and program management, quality assurance, engineering leads to discuss customer demand, understand customer use cases and requirements, architect and design features and assess cost effectiveness of the proposed solutions
- Support a culture of innovation, idea generation and thought leadership
- 10-15 years of industry leading progressive experience developing massively scalable, multi-threaded, distributed systems
- Proven track record of having delivered quality enterprise-class software
- Strong experience with REST, SOAP, JAX-WS, JSON, HTTP
- Proven expertise with Application Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Jetty, JBoss) and Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Proven experience with data modeling, database programming, performance tuning with leading relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases and KV stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ
- Strong experience and knowledge of open source libraries and frameworks such as Spring/Guice, Hibernate, Struts
- Experience in building large scale systems-management, NMS and monitoring applications preferred
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (TCP/IP, XMPP, sockets, etc) and networking challenges in highly parallel, distributed systems - ability to design, implement and debug custom communication protocols
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (VMware ESX, Xen, AWS, Rackspace, Openstack)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with distributed in-memory caching systems such as MemCache, Gemfire, Coherence a strong plus
- Knowledge or understanding of Erlang or Scala a definite plus
- Knowledge of security architecture for Web based products a plus
- Experience with Git, Maven, Ant, JUnit, TestNG, CI and DevOps tools etc
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and TDD
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent industry experience), Masters or PhD preferred
Back to top
QA Automation Engineer / Sr. Engineer (Req #14PL101)
Location: San Jose, CA
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and team player to join our Test Automation team. We have a dynamic, entrepreneurial corporate culture that recognizes achievement and encourages creativity and self-initiative. We offer a fun and challenging work environment where you can make a difference every day.
- Working with Test Automation, QA, Manufacturing, Development and SEs to automate existing tests, as well as create new tests within our custom framework.
- Work with offshore test development resources
- Support manufacturing automation infrastructure written in Ruby on Rails
- Help maintain our existing test infrastructure.
Skills & Experience:
- 5 or more years testing network equipment and protocols or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years programming experience in Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Advanced knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Experience with network test tools such as iperf, ntools, sipp, wireshark, tcpdump
- Ability to read and debug a captured trace
- Must be able to design, setup, document and test complex network environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience testing VOIP applications a plus
- Ruby on Rails experience a plus
- Experience with Spirent TestCenter, Spirent Avalanche, Abacus, or IXIA tools a plus
- The ideal candidate is an effective communicator, both written and verbal, who also possesses hands-on system level debugging technical skills.
- In-depth understanding of network equipment and protocols.
- Hands-on technical skills include ability to configure and troubleshoot networking devices, set up Linux PCs and wireless access points
- BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
Back to top
Product Manager (Req #14PM101)
We are looking for a motivated, self starter, and thought leader with experience as a Senior Product Manager to hit the ground running to lead and evolve the SBC, CPE, management products. We have a dynamic, entrepreneurial corporate culture that recognizes achievement and encourages creativity and self-initiative. We offer a fun and challenging work environment where you can make a difference everyday.
- Manage the definition and introduction of the next generation CPE SBC products. This to include strategic planning, defining product strategy, target markets, product development planning, solution development planning, and tactical activities such as product roadmap and delivering management updates.
- Develop product value analysis and define pricing models.
- Leading the cross-functional product development team to deliver on solution requirements through market & product requirements, engineering design reviews, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market, working with all areas to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships and initiating and managing those relationships for the product.
- Speaking at industry events
- 7+ years of networking equipment product management experience
- Proven track record of leading a product team from concept to product introduction
- Expertise in product management for Routers, Security Appliance, Session Border Controller, or other routing CPE
- Knowledgeable in routing, switching, unified threat management, VoIP, Video over IP technology, and SIP applications.
- Knowledgeable in finance and tools used for financial analysis
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience as Software Engineer
- Authored or co-authored patents and publications is a strong plus
- BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience, MBA is a strong plus
- This position requires up to 25% travel to customer and non-customer sites mainly in North America.
Back to top
Accounting Manager (Req #14GA105)
Edgewater is seeking, motivated candidates with a high self-standard that is evident in all aspects of their work. This high self-standard is displayed in their:
- Sense of ownership, pride, professionalism, and attention to detail in their completion of both daily tasks and ad-hoc projects drives them to coordinate with both peers and superiors until the job is completed to their satisfaction.
- Understanding the need and desire to build and automate process throughout the organization; including proactively modifying existing processes as business needs change
- Strong oral and written communication skills allow them to collaborate with peers and the extended management team on projects and ensure sufficient documentation to provide transparent visibility is inherent in their work product.
- Desire to further themselves and their career by identifying development opportunities as they occur within the organization as well as seeking out external professional growth experiences
At Edgewater, we believe that every individual in our organization is a key contributor to the success of the company, and our management team is dedicated to creating an atmosphere where people come first and are encouraged to grow and develop within the company. The company provides competitive compensation and benefits, including stock options.
This position will own all daily activities of the finance department report to the Controller and will also have exposure and interaction in working with the CFO and other executive management team members.
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Own all aspects of the daily activities of the Accounting department through a combination of managing and growing the team as well as individual contributions.
- Own month end close and reporting for all balance sheet and income statement accounts, including maintaining detailed understanding of account balances and activities with monthly fluctuation analysis as well as budget vs. actual analysis.
- In conjunction with the changing company needs, monitor and analyze company processes and interactions and make recommendations to develop more efficient and accurate policies and procedures.
- Enforce new and existing policies while educating the company on the need for these policies.
- Primary contact and driver for external audit and various tax reporting, including income tax and sales tax.
- Capable of managing and completing multiple projects, and working in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- As with any young, growing company, the nature of job requirements and tasks will evolve. As a member of the Edgewater team, we expect you to have the flexibility to assist in any area important to the development of the company. In particular, we expect you to play an active role in helping to develop the type of work environment we all desire.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years experience, including work in both public and corporate accounting.
- Hi-Tech experience in the hardware/software industry
- Prior ownership of monthly close and reporting process
- High level of integrity, positive 'can do' attitude, and strong work ethic
- Excellent problem identification and resolution ability with focus on resolving underlying issue
- NetSuite experience a plus
- ERP implementation experience a plus
Back to top
Contact us with your interest: email@example.com