Edgewater Networks is a great place to work!
We are in an exciting, growing market and our technology is helping to build next generation networks capable of supporting real time IP based voice and video applications. You will join a highly motivated, experienced and results-oriented team developing truly innovative products that solve real problems.
We have a dynamic, entrepreneurial corporate culture that recognizes achievement and encourages creativity and self-initiative. We offer a fun and challenging work environment where you can make a difference everyday. If you would like to contribute to our success please send your resume to email@example.com.
We have open positions in the following areas:
Distributed Application Virtual Environment Platform Architect & Team Lead Description:
We are growing beyond our original core products and investing in our future platform. To support our growth, we need to revamp our cloud-based software platform, add software-defined networking elements, and refresh our physical CPE to match. A successful candidate will lead a team and re-engineer our cloud platform, end-to-end provisioning architecture, configuration management, tenant management, and monitoring as well as add cloud offload and SDN. An architectural roadmap and strategy, prototypes, and frameworks will be needed to get us to the finish line.
- Design and deliver our next generation cloud service delivery architecture, built for availability, scalability and flexibility. Evaluate implementation options and lead a team to discover and implement solutions. Deliver an architectural roadmap and strategy to transition from today to our future state.
- Ensure that the new architecture has built-in agility, where new services or offers can quickly be implemented. It must also integrate with automation, monitoring, capacity management and manageability framework.
- Provide technical leadership to key engineers to deliver the new solution. Develop standards, guidelines and interfaces.
- Understand the key system interfaces and participate in their software requirements and design sessions. Develop and deliver specs to software developers.
- Partner with Product Management and Software Engineering teams to define, deliver and manage our product strategies. Deliver or signoff on product deliverables including requirements, design, spec and test plans.
- Solid understanding of the following:
RESTful, JSON, SOAP, XML, Hadoop, Key Value Databases (for example, Redis, Bigtable, Hbase), document databases such as MongoDB, VMWare, XEN, KVM, and VirtualBox
- Experience in high availability, high performance (high speed trading or similar), highly scalable systems, and Cloud orchestration and provisioning tools, Load Balancers, DNS, VxLAN, GRE, and Cloud management of CPE. OSS/BSS and Openstack experience a plus.
- Experience with Embedded Systems, multi-core and multi-threaded systems, networking hardware interfaces and drivers, Linux device drivers, Linux system-level software, and the Linux kernel. Expertise in communication technologies including: Ethernet, WiFi, PSTN, USB, RS-232, TCP/IP, SSL, PPP. Knowledge of encryption implementation including AES, PKI, DUKPT, SHA, RTOS, and Security.
- In-depth knowledge in selected application-layer security fields such as content inspection, authentication, proxy, SSL, firewall, IPSec VPN, NAT, QoS, IPv6, remote access and various tunneling protocols. Knowledge of IDA or equivalent disassembly tools.
- Solid understanding of malware exploits, malware analysis, and shell code.
- Knowledge of various file formats (eg. PE, ELF) and operating systems (eg. Win32, Linux, MacOS), SNORT or Suricata, CLAM Anti-virus, and PCI security requirements.
- Networking: Layer 2 switching and/or Layer 3 forwarding and routing protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, and MPLS, OpenFlow protocol and implementations, SDN concepts and technologies like VXLAN. Good understanding of control plane and data plane architecture in networking devices, TCP/IP and common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, GRE, SIP, RTP, RTCP, and H.323.
- General: Ability to lead a project team of up to 20 people. Ability to understand requirements, use cases and data flow to deliver solutions. Strong communication skills to articulate complex solutions and strategies to global customers and teams at all levels. Experience vetting design options, delivering recommendations and writing technical specifications. Understanding of ITIL and the Agile process. Excellent problem solving skills, strong written and verbal English communication skills, and the ability to effectively interface with stakeholders across the enterprise. Self-starter with an innovative mind. Knowledgable of the patent process.
Education: PhD in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer Description:
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to develop, integrate, and enhance Networking Products for our VoIP-enabled routers. The successful candidates should have demonstrated ability to specify, code, test, deliver and support software. In this role, you will work closely with Technical Support during development, and communicate with management on schedules, priorities and requirements.
- Design, develop, test and deliver embedded Linux software and new features from conception to release.
- Work with the Software Engineering team to solve difficult design and development issues.
- Assist members from QA, Engineering and Technical Support teams to troubleshoot and debug software related issues.
- Actively participate in monitoring and troubleshooting production platform issues.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- 2+ years hands-on Linux kernel network programming experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Experience with Linux embedded systems with limited RAM and flash memory
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience with Linux as a router
- Linux Firewall, NAT, Traffic Control (QoS), and/or Advanced Routing
- Experience with kernel optimization and debugging
- Familiarity with board bring-up and bootloaders
- Familiarity with the Linux init process and system configuration mechanisms
- Open source porting
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, and/or RTP
Junior Software Engineer Description:
Implement and test VoIP features according to requirements. Write scripts to improve and maintain our development support tools. Work with support and QA to trouble-shoot and fix issues. Required Skills:
● Experience working with C and C++
● Working knowledge of Linux systems; tools, api
● Experience with shell scripting (bash or equivalent)
● Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
● Good teamwork and communication skills Desired Skills:
● Experience with embedded Linux is a strong plus
● Experience with VoIP is a strong plus
● Network programming experience is a plus
Technical Support Engineer Description:
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide post-sales technical support for our customers. Activities include assistance with the installation, configuration, design and troubleshooting of converged voice, video and data networks using Edgewater Networks products. The Technical Support Engineer interfaces directly with customers using phone, web and email interfaces and works with other members of the Edgewater Networks development and support teams as needed to isolate and resolve problems. Required Skills:
The successful candidate will have experience working in IT or related technologies including telecommunications, security or networking products. Must be familiar with LAN/WAN IP networks, PC/workstation and server environments. Hands-on experience installing routers, switches, VPNs, firewalls and VoIP equipment a plus.